Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Box Lots, Box Lots, Box Lots

This inaugural post is dedicated to the Box Lot. The Box Lot, for those of you who may not know, is a box of goodies, sold at an auction, that can be the gift that keeps on giving. I remember going to auctions with my Grandfather and watching as he would bid on these boxes of , well, stuff. Sometimes he would peruse them first, but most of the time he would just blindly bid. The fun part was bringing the boxes of unknown goodies home and going through them and wondering if the next thing that would come from the box would be the great find. So the other day I was cleaning out my office/library/storage room and came across a box lot that was purchased many many years ago. I started going through it and thought I would share some of my finds from the past. Please feel free to comment on my finds, because even after researching some of them, I have come up with nothing. Most of these are or will be on sale via EBAY so please let me know if something piques your interest.



These are two booklets put out by Borden's Eagle Brand, probably in the 1930s or 1940s. They are in excellent condition. They contain recipes, tables, tips and menus. These are currently being auctioned off on EBAY for $12.50 for both.






More box lots finds to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment