Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

And the Countdown to the Weekend Begins

So it is Thursday, one day stands in between me and Saturday and the numerous yard and estate sales that will in no doubt be in full force this first weekend of Summer. It will be the first time in weeks that I have been in town and as much as I love a good road trip, I am looking forward to a weekend at home and finding out what the locals have to offer in the way of goodies. My next post will be Saturday evening and the topic will either showcase my wonderful finds or how bloody hot it was yard sale hopping. Tune in Saturday to see how it all turns out. Now to tonight's feature item.
Historic Garden Week in Virginia April 23 - May 1, 1977
A Pamphlet


Okay it kind of pains me to post something as vintage when it is a year younger than me, but here it is. As someone who is from Virginia, this really was a great find. I love reading advertisements to see what still exists in the way of hotels, restaurants etc.... I don't know if I will sell this one yet, not because I think it is worth a whole heck of a lot, but because it has some really great information on historic architecture of Virginia(historic architecture being another one of my passions). Only time will tell. As you probably can tell, many of the items in my box lot purchase of yore, are of the ephemera genre. As this blog of mine continues I think you find I will go through phases and at the time of the purchase I was on an "old paper" kick. ( Again, pain, 1977 not old, not old)


No comments:

Post a Comment